Abalone biosecurity standards
Biosecurity standards have been developed as recommended guidelines for the abalone aquaculture industry.
The standards will help to:
- prevent diseases
- support trade.
The standards make recommendations for:
- Staff movements around aquaculture sites.
- Disinfection and hygiene practices.
- Daily inspection of stock.
- Record keeping.
- Monitoring of exotic marine organisms.
- Reporting requirements and response plans after high or unexplained mortality or disease.
- Post translocation and separation of stock.
- Quarantine facility for high risk stock.
Download the Biosecurity standards for abalone aquaculture ( or ).