Plant health services reduce the risk of pests and diseases that can affect South Australian crops and threaten our economy.
Our services include:
- fruit fly prevention, detection and eradication
- market access certification and movement control of imports and exports
- movement restrictions, border control and compliance
- quarantine movement advice for travellers and business
- response to fruit fly outbreaks
- general pest surveillance
- exotic plant pest emergency response and control.
Plant Quarantine Standard - entry requirements for fruit, veg and plants
The Plant Quarantine Standard (PQS) provides the entry requirements for fruit, vegetables, plants, and plant related products into South Australia.
Ministerial Notices that support the PQS
- Annex 1 Ministerial Notice 2 - Sections 4 & 8 Declared Pests and Quarantine Areas July 2019
- Annex 2 Ministerial Notice 4 - Sections 7 Prohibited Plants and Plant Products July 2019
Emergency and significant plant pests
Information and fact sheets for current Emergency Plant Pests, and plant pests and diseases of significant concern.
Fact sheets and videos
- Entomology fact sheets (SARDI)
- Plant pest videos (YouTube) - created by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
Plant health legislation
Plant health legislation protects plants from pests and regulates their movement into and within South Australia:
Plant Health enquiries
33 Flemington Street, Glenside, SA 5065
Phone: (08) 8207 7820
Report fruit fly and plant pest sightings
24 hour Fruit Fly hotline: 1300 666 010
Exotic plant pest hotline: 1800 084 881
Market Access and Interstate Certification Assurance
Phone: (08) 8207 7814
Transport manifest lodgement
Fax: (08) 8124 1467
Adelaide Produce Market Ltd Pooraka office
Plant Health Inspector
Adelaide Produce Market Ltd - Pooraka office
Phone: (08) 8349 8322