Crop and pasture reports
Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) publishes a report on the condition of Crops and Pastures in South Australia every second month. During the cropping season estimates of the area and production for each crop and district are also provided with the report. The report is assembled by regionally based consultants. Visit Rural Solutions SA.
The estimates are quality checked from a number of sources. Occasionally adjustments are made. The table in the current report has the updated estimates which may vary slightly from tables in previous year's reports on this site.
- Good opening rains late April in the east and north of the state, but patchy lighter falls elsewhere.
- Seeding has progressed with many farmers finished in the areas with good April and May rains.
- Farmers in the areas receiving lighter rainfall have dry seeded crops or waiting for rain to complete seeding.
- Mice populations in many areas are higher than normal, being managed with baiting.
- Excessive stubble residues from the record 2016-17 crop resulted in more burning than normal.
- Rains during harvest and over summer have added subsoil moisture which established crops will be able to access later in the season.
Crop reporting districts map
Crop estimates for a season are provided commencing with the Seeding and Crop Establishment Report. Estimates are based on the districts defined in the following map.
2016-17 season reports
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - March 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - January 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Crop Establishment ()
- 2016-17 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2015-16 season reports
- 2015-16 Summary and Final Estimates ()
- 2015-16 Harvest Summary ()
- 2015-16 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Seeding Intentions and Crop Establishment ()
- 2015-16 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2014-15 season reports
- 2014-15 Crop performance summary and final crop estimates ()
- 2014-15 Harvest Summary ()
- 2014-15 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Crop Establishment ()
- 2014-15 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
See more agricultural reports and newsletters.
- 2013-14 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2013-14 Harvest ()
- 2013-14 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2013-14 Seeding Intentions ()
- 2012-13 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2012-13 Harvest ()
- 2012-13 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2012-13 Seeding Intentions ()
For historical reports contact:
Grains Account Manager, Agriculture Food and Wine Division
Phone: 8429 0472
Mobile: 0409 289 107