Rock lobster pot registration
Rock lobster pots used by recreational fishers must be registered. Applications for pot registrations will be accepted 1 August each year until 31 May the following year. There is no limit to the total number of registrations that can be granted. All pot registrations expire 31 May. Registrations must be renewed each year.
The following conditions apply:
- You must be over 15 years of age.
- Only 1 registration can be issued per person, with a maximum of 2 rock lobster pots per person.
- All pot registrations expire each year on 31 May.
- Registration must be renewed each year.
- You must pay the correct fee at the time of application.
FishNet is a secure website that allows you to make payments for rock lobster pot registrations using Bizgate, the Government of South Australia’s secure payments gateway.
Go to FishNet for recreational rock lobster pot registration.
Please contact Fisheries Licencing if you are unsure about the success of your application.
Only MasterCard and Visa credit cards can be accepted for payment. Allow 7 working days for the processing and delivery of your registration.
Recreational rock lobster pot registration holders will be sent a renewal application prior to 1 August each year.
If you are unable to renew your registration for that year you will need to re-apply using a registration form.
Renewal applications are accompanied with a tax invoice which you pay can pay either:
- online with FishNet
- using the payment methods referred to on the tax invoice.
When paying online:
- Registration Number (RL ******) located at the top centre of your tax invoice.
- Invoice ID (FI *******) located on the bottom right hand corner of your tax invoice.
Register and pay online using your credit card for the following:
Registration at Fisheries offices
Go to the:
- Mount Gambier
- Port Lincoln
See office locations.
You can also register by downloading and completing the following form:
Rock lobster pot registration pack
You will receive:
- registration certificate that expires at the end of the rock lobster season
- recreational rock lobster fishing brochure
- rock lobster measuring gauge
- registration tags for each pot registered
when you have successfully registered or renewed your registration.
If you lose a tag:
- immediately remove the pot from the water
- report the loss to Fishwatch on 1800 065 522
- fill in the application for a replacement rock lobster gear tag form () or request a form be sent to you from Fisheries licencing.
There is a fee for the replacement of a rock lobster tag.