Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information Act 1991 gives you the right to access information held by the South Australian government, subject to restrictions to protect the proper administration of government and to protect the rights of third parties.
The Act allows you to request:
- access to documents from a state government agency, local council or university
- changes to documents relating to you which are incomplete, incorrect, out-of-date or misleading
- a review of a decision made by a state government agency, local council or university.
Freedom of Information (FOI) applications
Before you start
Before applying check if the information you need is:
- already available through our open government page
- available at minimal or no cost using an administrative release of information request.
Visit the State Records website to:
- find out how much your application will cost (an application for amendment of personal records is free of charge)
- see time frames for the application process.
If requesting personal information, proof of identity is required. Acceptable proof of identity includes a scanned copy, hard copy or photograph of your driver’s licence, Medicare card, Centrelink card or passport.
How to apply
If you want to access Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) information though an FOI application, you can either:
- Fill out an online FOI application form
- Download an FOI application form (from State Records website) and email or post to:
FOI and Privacy Officer
Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA)
Postal address: GPO Box 1671, ADELAIDE SA 5001
Contact our FOI and Privacy Officer if you need help with your application.
FOI information statement
Our FOI information statement () includes information about:
- our structure and function
- ways our functions affect members of the public
- how the public can take part in forming our policies
- documents and publications you can buy from us
- documents you can access for free.
FOI and Privacy Officer
Phone: (08) 8429 0422
Postal address: GPO Box 1671, Adelaide, SA 5001
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- Documents and publications available free or to buy ().
- Open Government published records including expenditure, travel, gifts, contracts, consultants, FOI disclosure logs and more.
- Contact the relevant area for help with a specific request.
If you can’t find the information you need please send us an FOI application.