Grants for Horticulture Netting Infrastructure
Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Grants help primary producers in the Riverland and Adelaide Hills/Greater Adelaide region fund the purchase and installation of new netting or the replacement of any damaged netting over land used to grow horticulture crops.
How much funding is available?
You can apply for up to 50% of costs associated with horticulture netting, up to a maximum of $300,000.
Who can apply?
- Primary production businesses
- Property owners
- Share farmers
- Lease holders and businesses that operate as a sole trader
- Partnership, trust or private company in horticulture.
What will the grant fund?
Funding will cover the costs of third-party providers of permanent and throw-over protective netting and associated support structures required for installation. Written quotes or cost estimates from a third-party supplier will need to be included with the application.
To be eligible for a Horticulture Netting Infrastructure Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- As the property owner and operator, share-farmer or lessee, you earn more than 50% of your gross income from your primary production business under normal seasonal circumstances.
- Netting infrastructure is installed for horticulture cropping established on your property.
- Land to be covered had an established use of horticultural cropping before 16 December 2019.
- Costs associated with the purchase and installation of protective netting including throw-over protective netting have been incurred since 16 December 2019.
- You are registered as a primary production business with the Australian Tax Office and have an Australian Business Number.
- You are not received funding from another government program for the same activities.
Please contact the PIRSA Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Program on:
Apply for a grant
Applications close on 30 June 2023 or when funding is has been exhausted, whichever comes first.
Use the email subject: Netting Infrastructure Grant Program.
Send completed applications with supporting documentation to:
Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Program
PIRSA Rural Solutions SA
GPO Box 1671
Adelaide SA 5001