SA Fishing app for recreational fishers
SA Fishing is the must-have guide featuring all the recreational fishing information you need to fish in South Australia.
The official fishing app of the Department of Primary Industries and Regions, the free application features searchable recreational fishing rules and regulations, including size, bag and boat limits, permitted fishing gear, closures and aquatic reserves.
Anglers also have access to in-app reporting for illegal fishing, shark sightings and aquatic pests to the department’s official hotline, Fishwatch.
Features of the SA Fishing app
Key features of the app include:
- GPS map with fishing closures highlighted
- size, bag and boat limits for all species regulated in SA
- searchable species information
- general rules, including permitted fishing gear, closures and aquatic reserves
- in-app reporting for illegal fishing, shark sightings or aquatic pests.
You will also have access to:
- weather forecasting and warnings and tide information based on your location
- locations of commonly caught species
- a fishing diary record – save your location, catch and share photos on social media
- alerts on the latest recreational fishing news.
Preview the SA Fishing app
Click on an image to view a larger version.
Download the SA Fishing app
Our popular SA Fishing app is available for iPhone and Android.
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) - requires iOS 11 or later.
- Android devices - requires Android version 4.1 or later.
Fishing maps disclaimer
Due to limitations with GPS technology and mapping software, this information is a guide only. It does not replace legislation applying to or affecting recreational fishing.
Commonly found here is a reference to fish which may be found within a 10 km radius of your current location. Both freshwater and marine species may display at certain points.
If you have suggestions or feedback about the SA Fishing app, please email: PIRSA.Communications@sa.gov.au