Horse movement

There are no movement requirements or certification required for horses moving from interstate into South Australia.

Any horses:

  • affected
  • suspected of being affected

with a notifiable disease can’t enter the State unless authorised by the SA Chief Inspector of Stock. 

Moving hay and fodder

Moving hay and fodder with animals may need plant health certification.

Read the Australian quarantine domestic travellers guide before you bring hay and fodder into South Australia.

Contact Biosecurity SA Plant Health on 1300 666 010 for more information.

Page Last Reviewed: 26 Feb 2018
Top of page