The Food Safety program improves food safety in primary industries.
The program aims to:
- lower cases of food borne illness
- create confidence in food industries
- make sure food production and processing businesses comply with standards and regulations
- apply the compliance enforcement policy ( or )
- link food production industry to government departments.
Accreditations and regulation
Find out about the safety standards, accreditations, and regulations for the following industries:
Have your say on artisan on-farm meat processing on Kangaroo Island
We are calling on the Kangaroo Island community to give feedback on proposed regulations to allow artisan meat processing to occur on the Island.
Submissions will be open until 5.00 pm on 30 November 2018.
Food safety enforcement
Learn more about how food safety standards are enforced: