Livestock and Farming Systems
The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Livestock and Farming Systems Research Division:
- supports the development of sustainable and economical animal, mixed farming and cropping industries
- conducts research to help industry achieve high quality and competitively priced produce
- provides science policy advice to government
- delivers research and development in food safety and innovation to underpin public health and economic development of the agri-food industries.
Our science programs support the national plan for research, development and extension in Australia’s pork, poultry, seafood, animal welfare and grains sectors.
Subprograms and research focus
We collaborate with a variety of groups including, universities and other government organisations.
Key collaborative partners include:
- The University of Adelaide
- Australian Pork
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Sheep CRC
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- South Australian Grain Industry Trust
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture
- Australian Seafood CRC.
Specific details of our collaborative partnerships and projects are in the capability statements for each livestock and farming science subprogram.
Dr Simon Bawden
Acting Research Chief, Livestock and Farming Systems
Phone: (08) 8313 7604
Fax: (08) 8313 7663