South Australia’s grape and wine industry has access to a reliable source of funds through the wine industry funds. This gives it the capacity to innovate, the ability to adopt best industry practice and the resources required to respond positively to the demands of the modern market place.
There are six regional wine industry funds and the South Australian Grape Growers Industry Fund.
Depending on the rules of each fund, contributions are made by:
- wine grape growers
- winemakers who buy grapes from a grower
- winemakers who grow their own grapes.
Contributions to the South Australian Grape Growers Industry Fund are made by all South Australian wine grape growers but not winemakers.
Get the contribution and refund forms.
Winemakers are responsible for sending contributions to PIRSA for all grapes they process. This includes all of their own grapes and any they process for others. The winemaker is also responsible for making contributions for any intermediaries involved in the sale of the grapes.
Wineries in other states
Winemakers operating out of South Australia must:
- collect and pay in grape grower contributions
- contribute themselves, to receive direct benefits or services funded by payments from a fund.
Revised management plans have been prepared for the seven grape and wine industry funds. The revised plans will be presented at a public meeting convened under Section 9 of the Primary Industry Funding Schemes Act 1998 at 10.00 am on Wednesday 19 September 2018 at the PIRSA offices level 14, 25 Grenfell Street Adelaide. Feedback on the plans will be considered before they are finalised.
Associations that provide benefits and services with payments received from the wine industry fund:
- Adelaide Hills Wine Region
- Barossa Grape and Wine Association
- Clare Region Wine Grape Growers Association and Clare Valley Winemakers
- Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine
- McLaren Vale Grape, Wine and Tourism
- Riverland Wine
- Wine Grape Council of SA
Management Plans 2018-19
- Adelaide Hills Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- Barossa Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- Clare Valley Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- Langhorne Creek Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- McLaren Vale Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- Riverland Management Plan 2018-19 ()
- South Australian Grape Growers Management Plan 2018-19 ()
Senior Project Officer, Agriculture, Food and Wine
Phone: (08) 8429 0497