The Trust may award annual grants-in-aid for projects that:
- commemorate important contributions to pastoral sciences or industry
- distribute scientific innovations to develop pasture use within Australia’s regions
- invite prominent overseas pasture scientists to Australia to:
- deliver keynote addresses at relevant conferences
- visit regional scientists and community groups involved in pastoral industries.
- need essential equipment for pastoral scientific research and development.
The Trust may award grants-in-aid to:
- The Trust award grants based on their assessment of the applicant’s merit and need.
- Grants-in-aid are limited to $5,000 each.
- The project must meet the objectives of the Trust.
After the grants-in-aid tenure is complete:
- recipients must present a report to the Trust summarising the outcomes achieved from the grant
- the report must identify how the Trust’s contribution has been acknowledged
- the report may be published in Agricultural Science – Australia’s Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology journal.
- Applications open 1 February 2020.
- Applications close 31 March 2020.
Apply for grants-in-aid
Applications and enquiries
Send your applications and enquiries to:
The Executive Officer
A W Howard Memorial Trust Inc.
C/- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
GPO Box 397
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8303 9400