Accessing government information through Administrative release
Administrative release allows you access to more government information at minimal or no cost, as described in the PIRSA Administrative Release of Information Policy (). Disclosure of information through this initiative is outside of a normal legislative process such as freedom of information (FOI) or agency-specific legislation.
This process is managed on a case-by-case basis and allows you to request access to:
- your personal information
- documents routinely made available by Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA)
- non-personal information that can be easily obtained and summarised
- non-personal information in the public interest
- non-personal information otherwise available
- information that has been classified ‘public’
- information held in State archives.
If you request information that is unsuitable for administrative release we will invite you to make an FOI application so that the request can be formally assessed.
Applying for information through administrative release
Before applying check if the information you need is already available through our open government page.
Request access to PIRSA information through administrative release by sending an email or letter to:
FOI and Privacy officer
Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA)
Postal address: GPO Box 1671, ADELAIDE SA 5001
If you're requesting your personal information you must supply proof of identify. Acceptable proof of identity includes a scanned copy, hard copy or photograph of your driver’s licence, Medicare card, Centrelink card or passport.
FOI and Privacy Officer
Phone: (08) 8429 0422
Postal address: GPO Box 1671, ADELAIDE SA 5001.
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- Open Government published records including expenditure, travel, gifts, contracts, consultants, FOI disclosure logs and more.
- Requesting information through Freedom of Information