Our pasture programs for lucerne, annual medics and clovers are managed in partnership with:
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA)
- South Australian Grain Industry Trust (SAGIT)
- private enterprise.
Key objectives of this subprogram are:
- Adaptation of pastures to the combined stresses of drought and grazing.
- Powdery mildew resistance and tolerance in annual medics.
- Nutritional quality of pastures and their temporal patterns of digestibility.
- Herbicide tolerance in annual medics.
- Tolerance of lucerne and its rhizobia to soil acidity.
Dr Alan Humphries
Phone: 0427 090 959