The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) is one of Australia’s leading applied research institutes.
Our highly skilled and qualified people carry out world leading research and development in some of Australia’s most modern facilities.
- Aquaculture industries
- Fisheries resources
- Inland Waters, estuaries and catchment ecosystems
- Marine ecosystems, including oceanography.
- Climate Applications
- Crop Improvement
- Plant Health and Biosecurity
- Soil Biology and Molecular Diagnostics
- Water Resources, Viticulture and Irrigated Crops.
- Food safety
- Food waste management.
Key centres and programs
- Australian Pastures Genebank.
- National Molecular Diagnostic Centre.
- South Australian Aquatic Sciences Centre.
- Plant Research Centre.
- National Oat Breeding Program.
- National Vetch Breeding Program.
- Research Vessel Ngerin.
- Southern Australian Integrated Marine Observing System.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our research specialties.
We also welcome collaboration enquiries.
Dr Peter Appleford
Phone: (08) 8429 2290