The Regional Growth Fund has been established to unlock new economic activity in our regions, to deliver critical economic infrastructure to create direct benefit across regional industries, and to strengthen regional communities.
Through the Regional Growth Fund, the State Government is committing $150 million over 10 years to support regional South Australia as part of the Recharging Our Regions policy.
The Regional Growth Fund is a $15 million per annum fund. In 2018-19 the Fund committed to support:
- up to $5 million for the Regional Growth Fund Competitive Grants 2018-19 (now closed for applications)
- $10 million for the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development to commit to strategic regional growth projects.
Projects will be selected based on the following principles:
- support for new economic activity that would not otherwise occur
- the activity can be sustained without further intervention by government after the funding has been provided
- the activity creates benefit for multiple entities, including entities not directly associated with the application
- the activity contributes to the scale of an industry or sector
- the application has a connection to and has vested an interest in a specific regional community.
Regional Growth Fund 2018-19 competitive round (closed)
2018-19 competitive round documents:
- Find out about your eligibility ()
- Frequently Asked Questions ()
- Regional Growth Fund Guidelines 2018-19 ()