Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) and the wine industry are committed to working in partnership to:
- secure South Australia’s position as a producer of premium wine
- take advantage of increasing global demand.
We support and help grow our state’s wine industry through:
- increasing trade and investment
- removing trade barriers
- promoting the industry
- advising and supporting industry associations
- policy, legislation, and regulation
- scientific research and innovation.
Legislation is in place to:
- keep South Australia free from Phylloxera;
- establish funds for the benefit of the Industry;
- set basic terms of payment for wine grapes;
Wine industry funds
The wine industry funds provide South Australia’s grape and wine industry with a reliable source of funds that allows them to:
- be innovative
- adopt best industry practice
- obtain the resources to positively respond to the modern market place.
There are six regional wine industry funds and the South Australian Grape Growers Industry Fund.
Wine Account Manager
Phone: (08) 8429 0440
Senior Policy Officer, Agriculture, Food and Wine
Phone: (08) 8429 0468
Scientific research and development
Our South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Water Resources, Viticulture and Irrigated Crops Science Program provides research capabilities for key national programs that produce wine grapes for the production of high quality Australian wines.
- Communication process for reducing smoke taint in grapes - information for grape growers, grain producers and local government.
- Vinehealth Australia