Thank SA farmers and fishers
Help us thank SA farmers and fishers with our 'Thank SA Farmers and Fishers’ campaign.
From enduring the challenges of drought and recovering from devastating bushfires, to navigating an unprecedented global pandemic, our farmers continue to work tirelessly to keep producing some of the world’s best food, wine and fibre that feed and clothe our State and make us proud.
Show them your support and thank SA farmers and fishers!
Digital resource kit
Download the following resources to spread the message:
- Social media assets ()
- Email header ()
- Email signature graphic:
Share these with your family and friends.
Competition – win a $250 regional South Australian accommodation credit
You could win a $250 gift credit towards a regional South Australian holiday accommodation provider of your preference.
What to do:
- share your photo or video on social media using #ThankSAFarmers or #ThankSAFishers,
- follow or like PIRSA on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- tag a friend
- share our post.
Terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions before entering.
School activities – Dear Farmer letter
We’re calling on primary school students to get on board and write a letter to a farmer with our ‘Dear farmer’ campaign.
What we want you to do
We want to hear from primary school students how much they love South Aussie farmers and fishers and what they want to say ‘thanks’ for.
In this fun task during an end-of-term lesson or homework activity, we are encouraging students to write a letter to a South Australian farmer or fisher, to thank them for growing, producing and processing our food and fibre.
The letter template below can help students can get creative with drawing and/or writing.
- Exercise instructions sheet for teachers ()
- Exercise sheet for students – Dear farmer ()
- Exercise sheet for students – Dear fisher ()
Themes to help guide students:
- What do you want to thank a farmer or fisher for? Take look at your lunch box and clothes – did a farmer or fisher help provide these things (maybe an apple, milk, juice, oat, wheat, tuna, veggies)?
- What inspirational or motivational words do you want to tell our farmers or fishers who have been through a tough time during the bushfires, drought and COVID-19?
- If you want to be a farmer or fisher when you grow up, what type would you be? What do you want to grow or catch and why?
- What are your favourite farm animals, fish or seafood?
- What is your favourite food that farmers grow and fishers catch?
Send us your letters
Please post or scan and email your letters to:
Att: Dear Farmer letters
PIRSA Communications and Digital Services
GPO Box 1671 Adelaide SA 5001
- be in English
- be in the spirit of and relevant to the campaign
- be legible.
Note, any submission may be further used in promotional activities by the Government of South Australia. We are only seeking the student’s Christian name (first name) to be included on the letter. If used in any promotional material, any inclusions of the last name will be edited out for privacy reasons.