As part of the State Government’s work to grow South Australia’s primary industries, nominations were sought for a new AgTech Advisory Group.
The AgTech Advisory Group will encourage greater adoption of AgTech solutions in our agriculture sector, helping to build on South Australia’s advantages, showcasing businesses and organisations developing or using new technology and increasing productivity and quality in our primary industries.
Role of the Advisory Group
The Advisory Group will provide high level, strategic advice to the Minister and inform decision making on the practical application and adoption of agricultural technologies and innovation on-farm (AgTech) and related matters.
Members will meet three times a year.
More information on the purpose of the Group are available in the Terms of Reference ().
Members will be appointed by the Minister based on their skills and expertise in the agricultural technology and innovation ecosystems. Ideal candidates will have experience in research, academia, AgTech development or the primary industries sector.
Nominations now closed
The public nomination process has now closed.
- 11 April 2019: Nominations open.
- 13 May 2019: Nominations close.
- Mid May 2019: Nominations assessed by an Assessment Panel and provides recommendations to the Minister.
- June 2019: Minister considers Panel recommendations and appoints members. Nominees notified of outcomes.
- Second half of 2019: Minister appoints members. Nominees notified of outcomes.
- Second half of 2019: First meeting of Advisory Group.
Phone: (08) 8226 0900