The improve productivity and profitability section of the program aims to build farm business resilience, and integrate technology for data based decision making.
The program is supporting an extension-based approach, demonstrating how technology, and improved business expertise can drive productivity and profitability gains.
Producer Technology Groups
Producer Technology Group activities will upskill and provide the opportunity for livestock producers to support each other in the implementation and practical application of precision livestock management technologies
The aim of the Producer Technology Groups is to:
- Explore and share experiences and knowledge on ways precision livestock management technologies can be used.
- Learn from experts on how technologies could assist you to improve productivity, efficiency and profitability in your business.
- Support producer members to implement and apply technology to improve productivity and profitability.
Precision livestock management technologies include (but are not limited to) individual animal electronic identification (EID), automatic drafters and handlers, and telemetry (e.g. remote monitoring of livestock, water and/or pastures).
Each group will be facilitated by livestock consultants with the support of technical experts.
Expressions of interest now open
The Program is seeking expressions of interest from producers, a group of producers who do not currently have a facilitator, or existing producer groups who are interested in participating as a Producer Technology Group within their region.
- Review the Producer Technology Groups FAQ ()
- Fill out the Producer Technology Groups EOI form ()
- Send the completed form via:
- Email: email@example.com
Expressions of Interest close 13 March 2020.
- Fact Sheet - Red Meat and Wool Growth Program ()
- Infographic - Red Meat and Wool Industries, Growing our Economy and Regions ()
- Media Release
Emily Mellor - Program Manager
Phone: (08) 8429 0360