The South Australian Food Innovation Centre has been established to maximise future opportunities for South Australia’s food and beverage industry by supporting innovation and encouraging commercialisation of new ideas and products.
Innovation is essential to thrive in a rapidly changing world, but it has not always been easy for South Australian food businesses to find or access appropriate experts, programs or resources to support innovation activities. The South Australian Food Innovation Centre is a single point of entry for South Australian food businesses to access the leadership, technical expertise and advisory services they need to solve problems, grow profits, and invest in innovations that can benefit their business.
A coalition of industry leaders, state government agencies, universities and research organisations have joined together to establish the centre, making it easier for businesses to find and access appropriate experts, programs and resources to solve their problems and develop solutions that are fit for market.
- Food South Australia (Food SA)
- South Australian Research Development Institute (SARDI)
- The University of Adelaide
- University of South Australia
- The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI)
- Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL)
The Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society, Primary Producers SA, the CSIRO and the Economic Development Board are also supporting and contributing to the collaboration.
Initially the South Australian Food Innovation Centre will provide a virtual single enquiry point for food businesses to access:
- existing innovation capabilities
- technical and advisory support services
- advice on the government support programs and resources provided by the foundation partners.
More information on the centre and the services currently offered by partners to the food and beverage industry can be found in South Australian Food Innovation Centre brochure ()
Businesses unsure about what services they need to access can contact either:
- Andrew Maronich, SARDI Food Technology Program
- Karen McNaughton, Food South Australia’s Industry Liaison Officer
To find out more about each of the partners, please visit their websites: