No size, bag or boat limit applies to Silver Whiting, but take only what you need.
Have you identified the right Whiting species
Silver Whiting look very similar to King George Whiting and Yellowfin Whiting. Make sure you know the difference so that you comply with size, bag and boat limits of King George Whiting and Yellowfin Whiting.
Differences between Whiting species
Silver Whiting have:
- A silver stripe along the side of the body
- Clear fins and tail
- Light brown banding / stripes along body
Yellowfin Whiting have:
- Yellow fins and tail
- No silver stripe along the side of body
- No brown spots or bands on body
King George Whiting have:
- Spots on body
- Clear fins
- More slender body (for size)
Note, these limits do not apply to Weed Whiting, which is considered part of the Odacidae Family in line with the Australian Fish Names Standard.