King George Whiting
- Minimum size measured from tip of snout to tip of tail:
- Personal daily bag limit: 10 in all waters
- Daily boat limit when 3 or more people on board: 30
- Possession limit is one of the following:
- 72 fish
- 10 kg of fillets
- 36 fish and up to 5kg of fillets where a person has both fish and fillets.
King George Whiting closures
From 1 May to 31 May (inclusive) it is illegal to target, take or possess King George Whiting inside 2 closure areas located in the:
- Spencer Gulf
- Gulf St Vincent and Investigator Strait.
You cannot travel through the closure areas with King George Whiting onboard.
Remember that outside of the closure areas:
- Recreational fishing limits apply for King George Whiting.
- South Australian charter boat fishing limits () apply to charter fishing activities.
Download the King George Whiting fishing closure flyer (), for a summary of the closure times and locations, as well as the limits when fishing outside the closure areas.
Back to fishing limits