A draft management plan for the commercial Southern Zone Rock Lobster Fishery has been released for comment.
The draft plan has been developed by the Rock Lobster Fisheries Management Advisory Committee (RLFMAC) and includes a range of amendments to the management plan for the fishery.
The Southern Zone Rock Lobster Fishery stretches along 425km of the South Australian coastline from the River Murray mouth to the Victorian border. The existing management plan implemented in 2013 is due to expire on 30 June 2020.
In addition to the consultation paper being released, a public meeting will be held for interested parties to find out more about the draft plan on:
- Tuesday 19 November 2019 – 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm – Wattle Range Council supper room, George St, Millicent
- Wednesday 20 November 2019 – 2.00 pm to 3.30pm – PIRSA, Level 14, 25 Grenfell St, Adelaide
Please register your attendance at the public meetings by Friday 15 November 2019.
A public hearing may be held at the conclusion of the public consultation, for attendees to be heard in relation to the draft plan on:
- Monday 3 February 2020 – 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm – PIRSA, Level 14, 25 Grenfell St, Adelaide.
Interested persons must register to attend the public hearing by Friday 31 January 2020.
Have your say
All licence holders and interested parties can have their say on the draft management plan.
To have your say:
- Read the consultation documents:
- Complete either the:
- Submit hard copy feedback forms to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: PIRSA Fisheries & Aquaculture, GPO Box 1625, ADELAIDE SA 5000
At the conclusion of the consultation, submissions will be made available to view at PIRSA, Level 14, 25 Grenfell St, Adelaide.
Feedback closes at 5.00 pm on Friday 31 January 2020.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of the documents please contact:
PIRSA Program Leader Commercial Fisheries
Phone: (08) 8429 0165
- About the South Australia Rock Lobster fisheries