Fishery Permit - Deep Water Crab
Consultation on the proposed fishery permit has closed.
Feedback was sought on an application for an exploratory or developmental fishery permit allowing harvest of deep water crabs in the waters of South Australia at depths greater than 300m.
The Developmental Fishery regulations introduced in December 2013 allow for:
- new and emerging fishing opportunities to be explored and developed in a sustainable way
- an open and transparent process that has some flexibility for new ventures.
The following documents were available as part of the public consultation process:
- ESD Risk Assessment for Deep Sea Crab Fishery ( or )
- Proposed arrangements for Deep Water Crab Experimental Fishing Permit ( or )
- Information about Exploratory and Developmental Fishery Permits.
PIRSA is not accepting any further applications in respect to the Deep Water Crab exploratory fishery.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact:
Josh Fredberg, Fisheries Management Officer
Phone: (08) 8429 0962