National emergency arrangements
The following national emergency plans and agreements have specific implications for PIRSA.
National biosecurity arrangements
The Commonwealth Department of Agriculture website has information about:
- biosecurity in Australia
- risk analysis
- emergency preparedness.
National pests and disease outbreaks
The National pests and disease outbreaks website has information about:
- current outbreaks
- response plans
- guidelines on how to protect your property
- pest and disease information.
- Animal Health Australia (AHA) - national animal health programs, including disease surveillance and emergency animal disease preparedness.
- Australian Veterinary Emergency Plan (AUSVETPLAN) - technical response plans that describe the proposed Australian approach to an exotic disease incursion (created and maintained by Animal Health Australia).
- Plant Health Australia - peak national body for plant health in Australia. Information about plant pests, plant health preparedness, and prevention system.
- PLANTPLAN - national guidelines covering procedures for emergency plant pest incursions affecting the Australian plant industries (created and maintained by Plant Health Australia).
Aquatic animal health
Australian Aquatic Veterinary Emergency Plan (AQUAVETPLAN) - series of manuals that outline Australia's approach to national disease preparedness, and response to aquatic animal disease emergencies.