Social Media Disclaimer
PIRSA welcomes messages, comments and discussion on any of our social media profiles or accounts from our stakeholders and the broader community, under the following terms and conditions:
- Comments posted do not represent the official view of PIRSA.
- Retweets by PIRSA do not imply endorsement of the retweeted information.
- If you follow PIRSA we will not automatically follow you back (this is to discourage the use of direct messaging and avoid spam handling).
Being followed by PIRSA does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- While every attempt is made to read messages and comments and respond when possible, PIRSA cannot reply to all messages and comments received.
- PIRSA reserves the right to remove any comments that are misleading, irrelevant, offensive or abusive, or that defame, discriminate, harass, bully or vilify any organisation or individual.
24-hour telephone hotlines
PIRSA’s social media profiles or accounts should not be used to report illegal fishing activities or notify us of animal and plant diseases or pests. Please use the following free 24-hour telephone hotlines for those purposes.
- Emergency Animal Diseases Hotline: 1800 675 888
- Fishwatch Hotline: 1800 065 522
- Fruit Fly and Quarantine Hotline: 1300 666 010
- Emergency Plant Pest Hotline: 1800 084 881
PIRSA’s social media profiles or accounts should not be used to submit media enquiries. For efficient and timely responses to media enquiries, please call the PIRSA Strategic Communications Unit on 0423 296 579.
For general enquires, to find your local PIRSA office, please visit our Contact Us page.