Pastoral update, October 2019
- Public forum with the Pastoral Board and Livestock SA
- September Board Meeting
- Lease assessments
- Calicivirus release to have feral rabbits on the hop
- First steps for Dog Fence rebuild underway
Public forum with the Pastoral Board and Livestock SA
Over 50 people attended a joint public forum in Port Augusta on 11 September 2019.
A joint public forum hosted by the Pastoral Board and Livestock SA was held in Port Augusta on 11 September. Over 50 people attended the meeting to discuss:
- the Pastoral Act review
- increasing uncontrolled public (tourist) access on pastoral leases
- pastoral lease assessments
- water allocation planning and metering.
Attendees at the meeting included representatives from PIRSA, Jodie Gregg-Smith from SA Arid Lands/ NRM, staff from the Outback Communities Authority and the Dog Fence Board.
The Pastoral Board and Livestock SA thank everyone who attended, especially pastoralists who travelled considerable distances to be there.
We welcome your feedback on the forum, email the Board through the Pastoral Unit at PIRSA.Pastoral@sa.gov.au, or telephone 8429 0333.