Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) looks forward to welcoming the Riverland community, industry partners and stakeholders to our site at the 2018 Riverland Field Days in Barmera.
PIRSA’s focus is on growing primary industries and driving regional development so visitors to stand 311/313 can look forward to meeting expert staff from across the department and learning about the latest innovations, technologies, programs and policies shaping South Australia’s primary industries now and into the future.
Executive Director for Rural Solutions SA Daniel Casement said the Riverland Field Days was a highly anticipated regional event.
“We are very much looking forward to again being part of the Riverland Field Days experience for the Riverland community, stakeholders and our industry partners,” he said.
“PIRSA staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about PIRSA’s services and programs including OneBiosecurity – South Australia’s new voluntary farm biosecurity management program plus changes to the management of footrot in South Australia and Ovine Johnes Disease.
“SARDI will be revealing the results of exciting research in apricot varieties which will benefit both the dried and fresh fruit industries.
“This is a fantastic community and industry event which provides the opportunity to learn from and interact directly with PIRSA.”
Highlights at the PIRSA site on 21 and 22 September include:
- Animal health with Biosecurity SA. Find out how to sign up to OneBiosecurity, South Australia’s new voluntary farm biosecurity management program developed in partnership with the state’s livestock industry and Livestock SA
- Learn about changes to the management of footrot in South Australia and Ovine Johnes Disease.
- Plant health with Biosecurity SA. Field Days in the Riverland wouldn’t be complete without Biosecurity SA plant health experts on hand to discuss fruit fly prevention.
- Education & play with PIRSA Fisheries and Aquaculture. Have your fishing-related questions answered by our Fisheries Officers and Fishcare Volunteers and let the kids have fun dangling a rod in our ‘fish pool’.
- Win a basket of delicious Riverland goodies. Valued at $300 and entry is free.
- Get physical with Fat Farmers. Let the kids loose on an obstacle course designed for fun and fitness.
Grain Producers SA, SafeWork SA, Office of the Small Business Commissioner, Regional Development Australia (RDA) Murraylands & Riverland, and Rural Business Support will all be conveniently co-located at the PIRSA site.