- Approx 10 acres sandy loam on a rise overlooking Lake Alexandrina.
- Leased from Mr. Gordon Wilson – approx 3kms west of Milang - Point Sturt Road, Milang.
- Starting of lease and contents - unknown
- Lease expired June 1969 – all equipment transferred to Struan Research Centre.
- Project manager Harold Chamberlain
- Project Officer Phil Judd
- O.I.C. Tony Morris
- Workman Bill Bagley – Farming experience. Moved on and became a wool classer with the Dept Agriculture.
- Roderick Ross – engineering and irrigation development experience. Joined approx 1965 and transferred to Struan 1969 to develop the infrastructure of irrigation and other facilities.
- Other Dept Agriculture Officers involved – Kevin Boyce – Leith Wallace – John Doolette.
- Project extension from Milang – water drainage project at Long Flat near Murray Bridge – objectives unknown
- Irrigation system – 2 Harland centrifugal pumps coupled together – powered by electricity
Spray system – Pumps operating in series – 20000GPH @ 60psi
Flood system – Pumps operating parallel - 40000 GPH
Controlled by switching of flow valves
- Water pumped from Lake Alexandrina via a channel to pump intake sump
- Pope lever lock and Ames hand shift spray line
Sluice gate flood irrigation control
Flood channels constructed by hand – Don Pearson, Keith Warner- year unknown
Excess water returned to Lake Alexandrina via man-made drainage channel
- Full Weather station – Stevenson screen – reading twice / weekday – once weekend days.
- Office with pasture drying oven, sorting room and equipment
- Sheep yards
- Tractor – seed drill – mowers - sheep weighing equipment
- Fertilizer - workshop and grain shed
- Projects undertaken before my time unknown
- Watering-nitrogen- grazing trial with perennial rye grass and clover
Nitrogen – prilled calcium ammonium nitrate
Watering on demand via – tensiometer readings (ceramic block at various depths connected to mercury tubes) – neutron source – lysimeter
Sheep grazing – pasture growth sampled from quadrant crates – measuring sheep dung output
- Lotus pasture trial
- Demeter Fescue – growth determined by row widths
- Lucerne – Hunter river – different watering applications
- Plant breeding - wheat – barley (project officer Terry Heard- Northfield) – Officer from Waite Inst unknown