Better decisions are made when the voices of the community and stakeholders are heard in the issues that are relevant to them.
It is important they be:
- aware of relevant issues and engagement opportunities
- given genuine influence in decisions that affect them.
Engagement that sees government, community and stakeholders working together results in better:
- use of resources.
- interacting with people through our network of regional coordinators and industry account managers, holding meetings and industry forums, presenting at community information sessions and attending field days
- creating awareness of issues and engagement opportunities through the media, publications and our digital communications
- informing, consulting, involving, collaborating with and/or empowering the community and stakeholders regarding decisions about matters that may affect them, such as new policies and plans
- inviting the community and stakeholders to take part in relevant programs, projects and activities, or seek funding through grants.
Our approach incorporates principles of the:
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet’s Better Together: Principles of Engagement.
- International Association of Public Participation (IAP2).
Please get in touch with us if you have a question or would like to be involved in our current engagement opportunities.