Where: Auditorium, Plant Research Centre.
When: 11 am - 12 noon (Thursday unless otherwise indicated).
Open invitation to all staff and students.
10.45 am morning tea (tea and coffee supplied).
Presentation title and speaker
Breakfast anyone - pulses, wheat and oats?
- Marker development for herbicide tolerance traits in pulses - Simon Michelmore (15 min)
- Developing salt tolerant bread wheat for southern Australia - Yusuf Genc (15 min)
- Fine mapping of cereal cyst nematode in Oat - John Harris (15 min)
- Late Maturity Alpha amylase (LMA) in wheat - Judy Cheong (15 min)
28 March (Tuesday)
Black spot of table grapes: etiological and epidemiological studies in Brazil and Australia.
- Ricardo Feliciano dos Santos (visiting PhD student)
Change of date - TBC
Food Tech Case Study - mystery divulged!
- Nathan Freeman (10 min)
- Andrew Maronich (10 min)
We can Predict!
- Use smartphone to measure water stress level in grapevine - Mickey Wang (15 min)
- Fungal nematode interactions and human parasitic nematodes - Tara Garrard (15 min)
- Predicta Pt and Vegetable DNA - Mike Rettke (15 min)
Regional Agronomists - who are they for SARDI/GRDC?
- Improving integrated disease management in cereals and canola - Lower EP - Blake Gontar (10 min)
- The magnitude of impact of annual pasture legumes in integrated farming system rotations in the MRZ of SA - South East- Amanda Pearce (10 min)
- Weed management challenges and opportunities for high break crop intensity farming systems in SA - Mid North/ Yorke Peninsula - Navneet Aggarwal (10 min)
- Improving profit and reducing risk by managing nitrogen in wheat and extreme temperatures in pulses - Waite Bilateral - Mariano Cossani (10 min)
Regional Agronomists and white grain an interesting mix.
- Improving Mallee farming systems with a focus on soil improvements - Brian Dzoma (10 min)
- Measuring co-limitation of water and nitrogen to improve wheat and canola profitability – Fabio Arsego (10 min)
- An interesting journey – understanding white grain disorder in wheat - Marg Evans and Melissa McCallum (30 min)
Diagnostics and other project applications.
- SARDI Molecular Diagnostic Centre- Where to from here? - Daniele Giblot-Ducray (20 min)
- Wherefore art thou, E. coli ? and process monitoring in the meat industry - is there a better way? - Jessica Tan (15 min)
- FRNA bacteriophages for risk management of Australian oysters - Kate Hodgson (15 min)
Snails, moths and sterility!
- What do snugs get up to when they don’t know we are watching? - Helen Brodie (15 min)
- The secret life of Plutella australiana, a cryptic ally of the world’s most damaging Brassica pest - Kym Perry (15 min)
- Manipulating Queensland fruit fly pupa colour - Rene Hurni (15 min)
Maarten van Helden
Applying models to agricultural management.
- Intestinal permeability: impacts on health and productivity- Soressa Kitessa (15 min)
- Modelling phenology of almonds and grapes - Dane Thomas (15 min)
- Evaluating water and salinity risks to irrigated viticulture - Vinod Phogat (15 min)
Focus on Viticulture
- Managing the impacts of climate change rainfall decline on vine balance, grape and wine composition and root growth - Marcos Bonada (15 min)
- What is the current status of fungicide resistance in Australian viticulture - Suzanne McKay (15 min)
- Angular leaf scorch of grapevine: biosecurity implications - Matt Ayres (15 min)
Aphids and fruit fly - revised and rejuvenated?
- Russian interference in Australia - Maarten Van Helden (15 min)
- New Fruit fly diagnostic methods - Lakshmi Nacey (15 min)
- Hunt for the Tsl Mutant Fruit Fly - Isabel Chen (15 min)
Download the 2017 Waite seminar series program ().
SARDI Sustainable Systems
Plant Health and Biosecurity
Waite Plant Research Centre