The Regional Growth Fund has been established to unlock new economic activity in our regions, to deliver critical economic infrastructure to create direct benefit across regional industries, and to strengthen regional communities.
Through the Regional Growth Fund, the State Government is committing $150 million over 10 years to support regional South Australia as part of the Recharging Our Regions policy.
The Regional Growth Fund is a $15 million per annum fund. In 2018-19 the Fund will support:
- Up to $5 million for the Regional Growth Fund Competitive Grants 2018-19
- $10 million for the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development to commit to strategic regional growth projects.
Projects will be selected based on the following principles:
- support for new economic activity that would not otherwise occur
- the activity can be sustained without further intervention by government after the funding has been provided
- the activity creates benefit for multiple entities, including entities not directly associated with the application
- the activity contributes to the scale of an industry or sector
- the application has a connection to and has vested an interest in a specific regional community.
Applications will open soon
The Regional Growth Fund will open on 2 July 2018.
The 2018-19 competitive round will open 2 July and close 31 August 2018.
Funding is available from $50,000 up to $2 million on a matched dollar for dollar basis.
Timeline - competitive round
2 July 2018
31 August 2018
Recommendations to Minister
Announcement of projects to be funded