Through Regions SA, the Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) manages several ongoing programs to assist regional South Australian businesses and communities.
While the programs vary in scope and emphasis, each makes a significant contribution to improving the economic and social experience in the regions.
PIRSA-managed grant programs
There are no grant programs currently open.
Currently closed to applicants
- Upper Spencer Gulf and Outback Futures Program
- Regional Development Fund
- Regional Development Australia Fund
- SARMS - Industry-led Research Sub-Program (IRSP)
- SARMS - Regional Development & Innovation Fund (RDIF)
- SARMS - Irrigation Industry Improvement Program (3IP)
- Supporting Brands of our Key Regions Funding program
Other government grants
State and federal grants
Visit the GRANTassist website for information about other State Government grants.
Federal grant information can also be found on the GRANTassist website.
Federal grants relevant to regional communities
National Stronger Regions Fund
An initiative to boost social and economic development in Australia’s regions by funding priority infrastructure projects in local communities. The Australian Government has committed $1 billion to the fund over 5 years commencing from 2015–16.
Industry Skills Fund
$476 million fund assisting Australian industry to invest in training and support services and to develop innovative training solutions.
The fund commenced on 1 January 2015 and will provide up to 200,000 training places and support services over 4 years.