About the award
The AgriFuturesTM Rural Women's Award (formally known as the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC) Rural Women's Award) is Australia's leading award acknowledging and supporting the essential role women play in rural industries, businesses and communities. The Award provides a platform to inspire and support Australian women to use and develop their skills to benefit their industries and communities.
The Award is open to all women across Australia involved in:
- rural industries
- rural and regional businesses
- rural and regional communities.
Applicants must be over 18 years and no formal qualifications are required.
A $10,000 bursary is awarded to each state/ territory winner, providing the financial resources to bring to life a project or initiative that will benefit rural industries and communities. They also receive professional development opportunities and access to the Alumni networks. The project, idea or initiative may be commercially or non-commercially focused, and must align with AgriFutures' strategic priorities.
All state/territory winners will participate in a separate National Selection Panel interview. The National Winner will be awarded an additional $10,000 bursary and National Runner Up, an additional $5,000. These additional funds may be used to further progress your winning initiative, or assist in meeting national commitments.
2019 Rural Women’s Award
Applications for the 2019 round of the AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award will open on Monday 3 September and close Wednesday 31 October 2018.
For further information please contact:
Emily Mellor, South Australian State Coordinator
Phone: (08) 8429 0360
- 2018 Rural Women's Award winner for South Australia - 19 February 2018
- Announcing South Australia's Rural Women's Award finalists for 2018 - 12 February 2018
- George the Farmer co-creator national runner-up for 2017 national Rural Women's Award - 15 September 2017
- George the Farmer co-creator wins the 2017 SA Rural Women's Award - 14 February 2017
- Finalists announced for SA Rural Women's Award - 8 February 2017
- Potatoes SA Chief Executive wins Rural Women’s Award - 23 February 2016