Citrus Growers Fund
The Citrus Growers Fund supports South Australian citrus growers. Payments from the Fund are made to Citrus Australia South Australia Region, for it to carry out projects and activities that benefit the Industry.
- View the Citrus Fund Management Plan 2017-18 () for information about projects and services.
- Primary Industry Funding Schemes (Citrus Growers Fund) Regulations 2005.
- Primary Industry Funding Schemes Act 1998
Citrus fund grower contributions
Citrus growers contribute $1.00 to the fund for every tonne of citrus fruit packed that is grown in South Australia.
Your contribution is deducted by the packer or the processor from the price it pays for your fruit. It is paid to the Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA).
Contributions to the fund are still required if the fruit is packed/processed interstate.
Citrus fund information for packers and processors
Citrus packers and processors collect $1.00 for every tonne of citrus packed.
Contributions are deducted from the sale price of the fruit then paid to PIRSA.
To collect fund contributions packers and/or processors need to:
- Deduct $1.00 for every tonne from the sale price of the fruit.
- Complete a contribution form.
- Send PIRSA the completed contribution form and payment within 28 days of the end of each quarter.
Regulation 5A permits growers to ask PIRSA for a refund of your citrus fund contributions. You must apply for a refund during the month of July for payments made to the fund in the previous financial year.
You cannot access benefits or services funded by payments from a fund if you get a refund.
- Complete a Citrus Growers Fund Refund Form ()
- Attach copies of your packer or processor statements.
- Send your application to PIRSA during the month of July.
Phone: (08) 8429 0408