Copyright subsists in the various forms of work and subject matter on and accessible from the Government of South Australia's worldwide web sites.
Apart from any use permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, the Government of South Australia grants visitors to the site a licence to download, display, print and reproduce this material for private use or use within your organisation, for non-commercial purposes only.
No licence to publish, communicate, modify, commercialise or alter this material is granted.
For reproduction or use of the Government's copyright material beyond this limited licence, permission must be sought from the relevant agency or instrumentality of the government, as identified in the relevant web page.
That permission, if given, will be subject to conditions that will include a requirement that the copyright owner's name and interest in the material be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, either in whole or in part.
No permission to reproduce or use the government's copyright material, other than that expressly stated above, is to be implied by the availability of that material on this site.
This statement sets out PIRSA's policies relating to the privacy of your personal information.
PIRSA is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia's Information Privacy Principles.
These policies are based on national and international privacy standards.
Statement to users
Users should note there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. Users should make their own assessment of the potential risks to the security of their information when making a decision as to whether or not to use our website facilities.
For those users who do not wish to use public networks such as the Internet, there are alternative ways to obtain information from us, and transact business with us.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, our internet service provider automatically records your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your IP address
- Your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .net, .gov etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Time spent on individual pages
- Time spent overall on the site
- Browser type and version
- Referring site (eg search engine)
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs.
PIRSA retains the e-mail address of people who send an e-mail to us via the "Feedback" or "contact us" facilities, for the purpose of sending a response. They are stored in a secure area within the government's message services system and will not be used for any other purpose nor disclosed without your consent.
Cookies are pieces of information placed on your PC either to store information required to operate a function, or to record your preferences when browsing a site.
Users seeking more information about cookies in general are referred to W3C "The World Wide Web Consortium", where a search on the word "cookie" will provide current discussions.
Please note that PIRSA's website contains links to a large number of other web sites that are included because they contain material related to PIRSA's activities. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave the PIRSA site and are no longer protected by these conditions.
This privacy statement is periodically reviewed in line with the ongoing development of the PIRSA website.
You must read the following important information before you use this website:
- Use of the information and data contained on this website on these pages is at your sole risk.
- If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
- This site includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government.
- These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
- All linked websites are linked "as is" and the Government of South Australia:
- does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
- does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
- does not make any warranties or representations that material on other web sites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
- does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other sites by linking this site to those other sites.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this site you do so at your own risk.
- The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice. The government may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
- The state of South Australia, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees :
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site;
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked site into another language;
- make no representations as to the availability of the site;
- accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
- make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
- accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this site or its use or any site linked to this site.