Primary Industries and Regions South Australia’s (PIRSA) Food Innovation program supports the development of high-value food manufacturing in South Australia.
Food Innovation programs bring together government, universities, research agencies and the food manufacturing industry, to help turn research into real products or apply new or improved manufacturing solutions to products. These programs will connect food manufacturers with opportunities and research that is market-ready.
Food Innovation programs are:
- Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program
- A Study into the Functional and Luxury Food Value Chains in Asia and Australia including Foresights.
Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program
The Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program supports co-funded projects that develop new or improved food products or manufacturing processes through the commercialisation of research.
Applications for the Small Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program are open. Go to the Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program page.
Functional and Luxury Food project
The Functional and Luxury Foods project draws on expertise from across the globe to examine the demand for functional and luxury foods in Asia and Australia and the opportunities that exist for South Australia’s food and beverage industry.
- FOODplus Research Centre
- SARDI Food Safety and Innovation
- DSD Manufacturing Works
- University of Adelaide
- University of Adelaide School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
- Flinders University
- Flinders University Work Integrated Learning
- University of South Australia