|Minimum legal length|
- Greenlip abalone in the Western zone: 14.5 cm.
- All other species in all other waters: 13 cm.
Measure abalone across its widest points.
|Personal daily bag limit:||5. The limit is a combined total of both species.|
|Daily boat limit|
- For 2 or more people: a combined total of 10 abalones.
- For 1 person: a combined total of 5 abalones.
|Closed areas||Taking of abalone is prohibited in all:|
|Handling abalone||The diver must:|
- carry a suitable measuring device
- measure abalone as soon as it has been removed from the surface it was attached to
- returned immediately if it is undersized
- bring the abalone above the high water mark before removing the meat.