There are restrictions on:
- permitted devices
- number of devices
you can use for fishing.
It is the fisher’s responsibility to be aware of the regulations that apply to their method of fishing. Check that all of the devices you use follow legal specifications. Devices that are not compliant may be seized and forfeited.
Devices other than rods and handlines
Before fishing with anything other than a rod or handline you must check:
- that you are allowed to use it for fishing
- how many of each kind of device can be used at one time
- that the device conforms to legal specifications
- whether the device needs to be registered
- whether the device needs to be marked with buoys and tags.
Registering and marking devices
These devices must be registered before use:
- rock lobster pots
- mesh nets in Lakes Albert and Alexandrina
- mesh nets in Lake George
- mesh nets in the Coorong.