The formation of the new Minister’s Recreational Fishing Advisory Council is an election commitment of the State Government.
The Council will directly engage with the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development on recreational fishing issues.
It will provide feedback and advice to government on recreational fishing development issues and initiatives and big picture policy issues that impact the recreational fishing sector.
Consultation process and feedback
The Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development sought the views of recreational fishers in South Australia on the formation, structure and function of the new Minister’s Recreational Fishing Advisory Council through a three-week consultation process. This consultation ran from 31 August 2018 until 21 September 2018.
Thank you to those who contributed their feedback. We received 225 completed responses to the consultation survey. All respondents gave permission for their responses to be published online. Responses are available from the YourSAy site.
Consultation with recreational fishers showed overwhelming support for the creation of this new representative body.
How you can nominate and vote
South Australia’s recreational fishers can nominate to become members of the new Minister’s Recreational Fishing Council.
Nominations are open from midday Monday 17 December 2018 to midday Monday 11 February 2019, via www.yourSAy.sa.gov.au/fishing
Recreational fishers will be able to vote for their preferred candidates during February and March.
- Nominations now open for new recreational fishing advisory council - 17 December 2018
- Government delivers election commitment to recreational fishers - 6 December 2018
- Recreational fishers speak on representation - 17 October 2018
- Recreational Fishers ‘front and centre’ in new Advisory Council - 18 September 2018
- Have your say about a new recreational fishing advisory council in SA - 31 August 2018