Public consultation for the draft revised Management Plan for the South Australian Charter Boat Fishery is now open.
The South Australian Charter Boat Fishery is managed under the Fisheries Management Act 2007.
The following documents are available as part of the public consultation process:
- The Draft Revised Management Plan for the South Australian Charter Boat Fishery () which outlines co-management arrangements with industry, allocation of access between sectors, harvest strategy, stock assessment and research, compliance and monitoring and regulatory arrangements; and
- A Summary Report () of the main proposed changes in the Charter Boat Fishery Management Plan.
The draft plan outlines:
- allocation of access
- goals and objectives
- harvest strategy
- stock assessment and research
- compliance and monitoring and regulatory arrangements.
Provide your feedback
To provide your feedback:
- review the Draft Revised Management Plan () and the Summary Report ()
- complete either the online feedback form or a printable feedback form ().
Public consultation is open until 5pm Friday 21 December 2018.
The draft revised Management Plan has been developed by the Charter Boat Fishery Management Plan Review Working Group, which includes representatives from the Surveyed Charter Boat Owners and Operators Association (SCBOOA), RecFish SA, SARDI, PIRSA Fisheries and Aquaculture and an independent chair.
You are invited to provide feedback and comments on these documents by 5pm Friday 21st December 2018 to:
PIRSA Fisheries and Aquaculture
If you have any enquiries about these documents, please contact:
Phone: (08) 8429 0241
View further information about the Charter Boat Fishery.