Exotic plant pest emergency response
Call the Emergency Plant Pest Hotline: 1800 084 881 to report any activity, pest or disease that you suspect is in contravention of the:
Calls to the Hotline are free on landline phones.
- take samples of pest or the plants
- test for pests and diseases
- undertake control programs.
What are exotic plant pests
Exotic plant pests can be a:
- known exotic plant pest
- variety of a plant pest already established in Australia
- new serious plant pest.
- controlled pest that requires a significant emergency response to avoid a large scale epidemic.
Diseases and pests of concern to South Australia
Diseases and pests of significant concern:
South Australia is free of these pests.
If detected they are placed under immediate control, eradication and management.
Other diseases and pests of concern:
- Asiatic and African citrus psyllids
- Citrus canker ( or )
- Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus
- Giant pine scale
- Glassy Winged Sharpshooter a vector for Xylella fastidiosa
- Huanglongbing (Citrus greening) ( or )
- Melon necrotic spot virus viroid ()
- Potato Cyst Nematode (PCN) ()
- Potato Spindle Tuber Viroid (PSTVD)
- Tomato red spider mite ()
- Zebra Chip ()
Reporting suspected cases
Quick reporting can prevent a major outbreak.
You can report by:
- calling the Emergency Plant Pest Hotline: 1800 084 881 if you detect a disease or pest
- or submitting the online plant pest report form.