Aquatic pests threaten South Australian native species and the environment.
- Aquatic pests a threat to South Australia ()
- Australian Government Marine Pests website.
- Freshwater pest species
- Noxious fish list.
Aquatic pest management
Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is involved with the following committees to manage aquatic pests:
- The National System is the major committee.
- The National Introduced Marine Pest Information System (NIMPIS) gives information about pest species.
- The Vertebrate Pests Committee (VPC) is a national forum for the management of all vertebrate pests in Australia.
Freshwater pest fish management
Freshwater pest fish issues are currently managed by the VPC through the Freshwater Fish Working Group (FFWG).
The group has representatives from:
- the Federal Government
- all states and territories
- the Murray Darling Basin.
The group gives advice to the VPC on:
- freshwater pest fish
- international best practice for freshwater pest fish management
- potential new freshwater pest fish
- ornamental pest fish.